Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"No messages"


I wish quitting you was easier than going through an AA program.

I wish quitting you didn't mean shortness of breath; heated conversations with my fist; thoughts that keep me up at the wrong hours.

That it didn't mean relocating any shred of sentimental value from my line of sight; craving the presence of your pre- or post-argument warm body,

I wish quitting you didn't mean having more flashbacks about the times you were so terribly sweet;

I wish scenarios of "perfect you" would leave me alone in sleep, so my eyes can stay puff-free in the mornings.



I no longer remember a time in my life that didn't have you in it. And,

I do not wish to forget that you were once my person. I hope there was a time when you loved me for me.


I hope your flashbacks of me wouldn't be all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment