Thursday, December 25, 2014

2015

I'm a few days earlier than usual, but I just did a quick review on my 2014 resolutions and I was relieved (surprised) to see that I've managed to abide by several rules on that list.

The ones I have for 2015 remain similar, just with a few tweaks to accommodate the lessons I've learnt this year. And perhaps some elaboration as a guideline, so that when I reach the phase of ~lost and confused~ in 2015 I'll have this to refer to.

In 2015, I'd like to remind myself -

  1. To learn how to prioritise my relationships and my time. This means to understand that treating everyone equally important, "exclusive" and special is an unrealistic expectation, and a source of undue stress and disappointment for both parties. 
  2. To understand that people drift apart over time, and sometimes that is out of your control. Reserve your energy for those who have shown some degree of reciprocation and sincerity, otherwise the sting will hurt even more.
  3. To make my physical and mental health a priority. 
  4. This means to properly incorporate regular exercise and sleeping/eating habits into my lifestyle; to journal or express my thoughts as I see fit. 
  5. To keep myself well-groomed and presentable at all times.
  6. Meet and forge close friendships with new people from different backgrounds.
  7. To keep writing/literary arts close to my heart. Try and incorporate this into my lifestyle through work, outside activities, and more.
  8. To keep an open mind on novel activities and adventures. If you're given something rare or once-in-a-lifetime, don't opt out. You'll be glad you did it.
  9. To plan my finances seriously and comprehensively. Set funds aside for parents, rainy days, loved ones, bills, and tuition fees. Hopefully this will shift you closer toward independence and some fucking monetary clarity. 
  10. To learn something new every 30 days. This is so that we'll have some new skills to boast about or utilise by the end of next year.
  11. To keep updated on the issues facing the world today. To study issues or themes that I don't understand. To continue learning. 
  12. To finish at least 1 book every month (it's getting harder). 
  13. To keep my mouth shut and my involvement minimal on complicated people/relationship matters. To keep private people matters private.
  14. Learn how to get used to doing things alone, again. Zip your own dress. Wear your own watch. Open your own fucking door. 
  15. Stick to your decision once you have made one.
  16. To go travelling when the opportunity presents itself. 
  17. Pick up skills that will help with these trips (e.g. map-reading, languages)
  18. If you catch yourself whining on the same issue on more than 3 occasions, fix it. 
  19. To be wise about the people I socialise with on a regular basis. 
  20. That I need to stay strong and focused for the sake of my family.
  21. To steer clear of melodrama and exaggerated thoughts when in distress. Keep calm. Do Ethan's breathing practice. 
  22. To give myself at least 2 nights at home per week to calm down (and clean my room).
  23. That my shot at love will come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment